Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sabbath Painting With Jeromite

It was a typical Sabbath afternoon with my painting buddy. Nerd talk, singing of crass songs, reminiscing, bemoaning our lack of art supplies and preparation. It was followed by dinner by his lovely wife with most everyone on my blog roll to the right. Then it was over to my fiance's for BSG and more food. Then Mom came by.

What a perfect Sabbath.


The painting was a 4 by 6 little study of the Walla Walla Valley from the foot of the blues. I am discovering the importance of adding lots of little hint colors. A blotch of red on top of a moss green group of trees conveys the idea of several leaves that have turned far better than any attempt at actually painting them could. The overall effect of little color dashes brings what might otherwise be a hundred like green strokes into a landscape. And I love grain elevators. There is something innately romantic about them. Do you have any odd attachments to other landmarks or other large, inanimate objects?

2 comments:

mejor colchon said...

am slowly starting to see a faint trace of my style, the way I approach a theme and execute it. But at this stage it is like a barely there whisper and I am looking forward to discovering more of it and to see how your style develops:-)

ideas negocios rentables said...

Terrific work! That is the kind of information that are meant to be shared across the internet. Shame on Google for no longer positioning this post higher! Come on over and talk over with my site . Thanks =)